We have a propshaft clinic that is based in Scotland, this was first established in 1994. Due to the latest machinery and the skill of our team, we are able to provide a comprehensive range of services; these include:
We are able to manufacture custom propshafts to your exact specification, whatever your application.
In order for us to manufacture it’s important that we get a couple of measurements from you, these are as follows:
- How many sections you need
- The length of the shaft from the gearbox flange to the differential flange
- The position of any centre bearings
- The type and size of flanges that are required
- Whether or not there are any sliding sections required
- The approximate power through the shaft
There is a 24 hour turnaround along with a 2 year warranty with each of the propshafts that we manufacture.
We are able to carry out any repairs that you may need whether it be from a simple universal joint or centre bearing replacement or a complete shaft overhaul/refurbishment.
When it comes to our repairs we are able to offer a wide range of options to customers in the UK, these are as follows:
- Drop and collect
- National courier collect and delivery – Our team will assess, report the repair options to you, repair and return your propshaft
- Drive in & drive out – This is generally by appointment which is either at 9am or 1pm
- While you wait – if you choose this option we’d advise you to call and tell us when you will be arriving, this will allow us to make sure that a member of our team is available when you arrive at our propshaft clinic
Before any repairs are carried out we will complete your free shaft assessment, we will then get in touch with you to explain the different repair options that are available to you. At this point you will then be able to make a decision as to which repair is most suitable for your needs.
There are a number if different reasons why you may want to modify your propshaft, with the main reason being due to power, performance and economy.
Our modification prices start from as little as £50 for a shaft to be shortened, £95 for it to be re-tubed and £95 for it to be extended.
When you come to us for a refurbishment service you can expect our engineers to complete a free bench assessment of the complete shaft, we will then discuss the shaft condition and the options including our recommended repair and complete refurbishment prices. Once we have discussed the options along with the cost we will arrange to get started on refurbishing your shaft, we will then check and balance it before you pick it up from us.
We offer a complete fitting and removal service that is by appointment, this means that you will book in and then sit back in our waiting room with internet Wi-Fi and a PC to keep you entertained and relaxed whilst you look over the work that is being carried out on your vehicle.
If you would like us to carry out any of our services for you at our propshaft clinic then just get in touch with us by giving us a call on 01324 813 287.